The personal health and safety of each of our employees is of primary importance to us. The prevention of injuries and illnesses which occur in the workplace is viewed as more important than productivity and we strive towards developing as safe and healthy a workplace as possible, both in our shop and on jobsites.
Working with the Newfoundland & Labrador Construction Safety Association (NLCSA) and within the Government regulations we have implemented a safety program to ensure our goals are met. H&R Mechanical is a member of the NLCSA and is in the process of completing the COR program.
Our objective is a program which reduces injuries/illnesses to an absolute minimum, surpassing the best experience of operations similar to ours. Our goal is zero accidents and injuries. As such our safety program involves the following:
Through our safety program, our aim is to ensure the safety of our employees, customers and the public at large. If you have any questions on our Health & Safety program please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Providing necessary personal protective equipment to employees
- Using safety & health inspections to find & eliminate unsafe working conditions
- Developing and enforcing safety and health rules, providing training where necessary
- Investigating every accident/incident, promptly and thoroughly to determine the cause, and to correct the problem so that it will not happen again
- The Occupational Health & Safety Committee for H&R is responsible for identifying unhealthy or unsafe aspects of the workplace through inspections or investigations, promoting health and safety education programs, developing recommendations and maintaining records
Below are some links to related Occupational Health & Safety regulations and associations which you may find useful.
Newfoundland & Labrador Construction Safety Association - www.nlcsa.com
Occupational Health & Safety Branch of the Government of Newfoundland & Labrador
Occupational Health & Safety Act
Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
Asbestos Exposure Code & Regulations
Asbestos Abatement Regulations
Occupational Health & Safety First Aid Regulations
Occupational Health & Safety Electrical & Fisheries Advisory Committee Regulations
Storage & Handling of Gasoline and Associated Products Regulations